Asian Noodles: Science, Technology, and Processing
Gary G. Hou
447 pages / 2010
In Asian Noodles: Science, Technology and Processing, international experts review the current knowledge and offer comprehensive cutting-edge coverage on Asian noodles unmatchable in any publication. The authors cover an array of topics including breeding for noodle wheat, noodle flour milling, noodle flour quality control and analysis, noodle processing, sensory and instrumental measurements of noodle quality, the effects of wheat factors on noodle quality, packaging and storage, nutritional fortification of noodle products, noodle flavor seasoning, and noodle plant setup and management.
Table of Contents
- Breeding Noodle Wheat in China (Zhonghu He, Xianchun Xia, and Yan Zhang).
- Breeding for Dual-Purpose Hard White Wheat in the US: Noodles and Pan Bread (Arron H. Carter, Carl A. Walker, and Kimberlee K. Kidwell).
- Wheat Milling and Flour Quality Analysis for Noodles in Japan (Hideki Okusu, Syunsuke Otsubo, and James Dexter).
- Wheat Milling and Flour Quality Analysis for Noodles in Taiwan (C. C. Chen and Shu-ying (Sophia) Yang).
- Noodle Processing Technology (Gary G. Hou, Syunsuke Otsubo, Hideki Okusu, and Lanbin Shen).
- Instant Noodle Seasonings (Kerry Fabrizio, Rajesh Potineni, and Kim Gray).
- Packaging of Noodle Products (Qingyue Ling).
- Laboratory Pilot-Scale Noodle Manufacturing and Evaluation Protocols (Gary G. Hou).
- Objective Evaluation of Noodles (David W. Hatcher).
- Sensory Evaluation of Noodles (Bin Xiao Fu and Linda Malcolmson).
- Effects of Flour Protein and Starch on Noodle Quality (Byung-Kee Baik).
- Effects of Polyphenol Oxidase on Noodle Color: Mechanisms, Measurement, and Improvement (E. Patrick Fuerst, James V. Anderson, and Craig F. Morris).
- Effects of Flour Characteristics on Noodle Texture (Andrew S. Ross and Graham B. Crosbie).
- Noodle Plant Setup and Resource Management (Gary G. Hou, Syunsuke Otsubo, Veronica Jimenez, and Julio Gonzalez).
- Quality Assurance Programs for Instant Noodle Manufacturing (Sumonrut Kamolchote, Toh Tian Seng, Julio Gonzalez, and Gary G. Hou).
- Rice and Starch-Based Noodles (Zhan-Hui Lu and Lilia S. Collado).
Trackback from your site.